Ford F-Series III 31957 - 1960
Model: F-Series (1948 - ...)
Wikipedia (F-Series): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_F-Series
The truck was restyled again in 1957 with a hood that now sat flush with the fenders and a new chrome grille. In the back, Ford started its tradition of distinguishing the two types of pickup boxes; the traditional separate-fender body was called FlareSide, while a new smooth-sided look was known as StyleSide. Four-wheel drive drive-train, previously outsourced to Marmon-Herrington, was now produced in-house by Ford beginning in 1959. Ford still offered a "Low GVWR" version of each model. In May 1957 Ford discontinued building trucks at the Highland Park Ford Plant in Highland Park, Michigan. All light and medium trucks were transferred to 10 other plants in the USA. Heavy-duty trucks (above F-350) were transferred to Kentucky Truck Assembly in Louisville, Kentucky.
Third generation trucks were built in Brazil as the F-100, F-350 & F-600 from 1962 to 1971.
|223 CID Mileage Maker I6||1958–60||137 hp (102 kW)|
|272 CID Y-block V8||1958||173 hp (129 kW)|
|292 CID Y-block V8||1959–60||186 hp (139 kW)|
|Ford F-Series III|
|1024 x 619 ... 155 KB|