Ford F-Series II 21953 - 1956
Model: F-Series (1948 - ...)
The F-Series was redesigned for 1953 with a more integrated look. The pickups also acquired their now familiar names: The F-1 now became the F-100, the F-2 now became the F-250, and the F-3 now became the 1-ton F-350. Optional interior amenities were new, including a dome light, lighter, arm rests, sun visors and a radio. On March 13, 1953, the "Ford-O-Matic" automatic transmissionbecame an option.
The 1953 F-100 was the last year for the flathead in the US. Canadian models, however, (Mercury M-Series), retained the flathead. 1954 saw the introduction of the new 239 CID overhead valve Y-block 8-cylinder, dubbed "Power King." The six-cylinder engine's displacement was also increased from 215 to 223 CID and power steering was introduced as an option. In 1955 the 239 Y-block was replaced with the 272 and 292.
The 1956 F-100 is a one-year only body style. The 1956 F-100 is easily identified as it has vertical windshield pillars and a wrap around windshield as opposed to the sloped pillars and angled windshield of the 1953-55. The 1956 model also offered a larger wrap-around back window as an option. Starting in 1956, Ford offered the very rare "Low GVWR" versions of each model. Also in 1956, seat belts became an option.
Second generation trucks were built in Brazil from 1957 to 1962 as the F-100, F-350 and F-600.
|215 CID Straight-6||1953||101 hp (75 kW)|
|239 CID Flathead V8||1953||100 hp (75 kW)|
|223 CID Mileage Maker I6||1954–55||115 hp (86 kW)|
|239 CID Y-block V8||1954–55||130 hp (97 kW)|
|223 CID Mileage Maker I6||1956||137 hp (102 kW)|
|272 CID Y-block V8||1956||173 hp (129 kW)|
|Ford F-Series II|
|907 x 641 ... 104 KB|